Wednesday 20 January 2010

You could spend years learning that!

I have spent a couple of days working on character modelling in various 3D designers, including Poser 6, MilkShape 3D, Character FX, LithUnwrap and various other tools.

I know how to operate these tools and I can create basic models, but detailed, optimized and animated 3D characters is out of my league right now. I will continue to learn how to do it, but I think it is something that can take years to master, and I need avatars now.

My plan is to stop working with the 3D modellers and go back to the Globe code.

For now, an avatar will be represented by a human sized box, this way the project can still move forward whilst a solution is found to the avatar design problem.

I have contacted a 3D design company to enquire on costs of outsourcing the character design to them. I have a feeling it will be out of my price range, but its worth a try.

I have a couple of other ideas up my sleeve. I'll keep you posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment