Monday 25 January 2010

Its Time For Chat

Well now the networking system is in, the first thing I wanted to turn to my attention to is a chat system.

Before I began creating GUI design for chatting, I started thinking back to some Second Life features. The ability to take a snapshot of the current view, without any interface components cluttering up the shot. The snapshot would have to be taken at the exact moment after the world display had finished rendering, but before any GUI elements had begun rendering.

With this in mind, I decided I needed one main UI manager class to handle all child overlay components, such as menu bar, task bar, chat bar and whatever else comes up in the future, to keep things clean and easy to manage.

I created a design I am happy with for the task bar and chat bar and their relevant classes and I created the UiManager class.

I am currently working on these components. That is my update. :)

Another post to follow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment